Dining Room Update

Friday, December 08, 2017



After months of failed searching for the perfect farmhouse artwork for our dining room, I decided to make it myself. I purchased all the wood from Lowe's and it was pre-cut, so I just used the dimensions it made. I used white chalk paint to paint the background and used leftover stain from our table to stain the framing pieces. I used wood glue to assemble it all and and then traced on the letters. (I used Microsoft Word to find the perfect fonts, and then through trial and error I printed them out the exact size needed. I cut out each letter and lightly taped them down to the boards for correct placement. All that's left to do is lightly trace around the edges of each letter. Super simple and a life saver!) I used a black sharpie to fill the letter- so much easier than paint. I'm so happy with how the project turned out!

Another project was our old entry table. I repainted it black to match the dining room chairs, and added new accessories and a reclaimed wood mirror. This room has come so far since we first moved it and I couldn't be happier!

You Might Also Like

0 comments